Initiation & Medicine Training
Certified 6-month online & in-person journey from Beltane to Samhain
with Serap Kara
1st May - 1st November, 2021
Registration opens 1st February 2021
The Cacao Guardian Initiation and Medicine Training is a guided online & in-person training and a sacred journey into the loving consciousness of Cacao. The intelligence that is calling in the keepers, dreamers and weavers to come into connection and relationship with the cosmic matrix of life. Cacao Guardian is an offering for people who wish to learn the art of holding a Cacao Ceremony or have started to facilitate Cacao rituals and ceremonies already and wish to deeply understand how Cacao weaves her medicine magic within a sacred group setting.
Our six month study includes the complete Cacao Mama practitioner guidebook written by Serap Kara for self-study, accompanied by monthly live video calls, exercises, audio material and a four-day medicine circle from 9th - 12th September 2021 in Berlin, Germany to come into alignment with the ancient teachings of the Cacao Spirit. Commit to be in service to a unifying consciousness and receive Cacao's ancestral wisdom and global mission. This training concludes with a certificate of completion and a blessing from Cacao Mama.
ABOUT SERAP KARA
The Cacao Guardian training is led by Serap Kara. Serap's teaching has been rooted in dedicated service to Cacao for almost a decade, and she shares deep wisdom and a global perspective. Her approach is earth-rooted and stellar, warm, kind, and supportive. Serap creates finely-tuned spaces and offers avenues to connect with Spirit, root into trust and receive permission, so that we may remember our natural state of Spirit connection and the way of ceremony to be in service to a greater harmony and speak up for the preciousness of life
You may feel drawn to the training with an inner calling to remember your sacred connection and relationship with the teacher Cacao. A calling which will lead you into a deeper understanding of plants, nature and mother earth to expand into a guardian and protector of life-force.
The Maya verb chokola'j describes the sweet delight of ”drinking chocolate together”
THE CACAO SPIRIT & ALCHEMY
The Cacao Spirit is a keeper of ancient, sacred wisdom. The energy is described as a medicine of the Soul, a medicine of Peace and as a Rainbow Medicine. Mama Cacao holds the vibrations of loving-kindness, and joy, allowing a deep, loving connection with yourself and others. When experienced in a sacred setting, Mama Cacao reminds you of your natural capacity to feel love and connection. The Spirit can become a teacher and guide for transformational personal and group experiences and can be harmoniously incorporated as a co-facilitator in bodywork, yoga and healing arts.
THE CACAO CEREMONY
A Cacao Ceremony is a sacred ancient ritual to honour the elements and spirits of Nature, to create a harmonious matrix with all living things and express gratitude for Life itself. A Ceremony is a way of the heart and reflects humanity's sacred connection and relationship with the (un)seen worlds. Cacao Ceremonies respond to an increasing longing for connection, ritual and ceremony in an urban environment. When offered with integrity you may feel deep love and experience yourself beyond cultural, religious and political agenda as a child of Earth again.
Cacao Guardian is the comprehensive course of our Cacao School teachings and is embedded in the ancient calendar of the native medicine tribes of Europe. The calendar which aligns with the moon cycles and the greater, more instinctual cycle of Nature.
Cacao Guardian starts on May 1st at Beltane, the time of fertility and love, and ends on November 1st at Samhain, the time of reflection, contemplation and magic. Samhain was regarded as the end of the old year and the beginning of the new year.
Explore the rhythm of nature consciously while connecting with the Spirit of Cacao. Experience growth and abundance, the summer solstice, harvest and giving thanks, and the Equinox, before heading to the end of the year to honour the ancient ones.
Introduction to the Spirit & Alchemy of Cacao
- A spirit worldview and being in relationship with Nature
- The role of shamans, medicine women, witches and druids
- Cacao’s spiritual essence, medicine, magic and unique offerings for body, soul and spirit
- The Cacao Collective
Connection and Communication with Cacao
- Avenues and gateways to invite and respond to the vibration of Cacao
- Intuition, intention and calling in the medicine through invocation
- The role of trust and permission in spirit work
- Deepest heart intelligence
Sacred Space & Ritual
- An introduction to rituals in traditional and modern use
- Creating sacred space from a design perspective
- Earth Medicines, Soul Medicines
- Techniques for preparing, opening and closing a sacred space
Cacao Magic along the lines of history
- The origin of sacred Cacao within the cosmovision
- Social, economic and religious role in Maya & Aztec culture
- The European transformation and the cutting-off of its spiritual axis
- Cacao's global mission as a Rainbow Medicine
Teachers, Traditions, Cultural Wisdom
- Today’s traditional and contemporary use of Cacao
- Cultural wisdom versus cultural appropriation
- Your cultural, ancestral heritage and roots as a source of power
- Explore protocols and ethical commitments in spirit work
Navigating the Urban Jungle
- Down to Earth practices
- Ways of trusting your medicine and being in service to your community
- Cacao and sacred economy
- Cacao's messages in the light of the current global transformation
Zoom Schedule on every first Monday:
- May 3, 2021 · Live Session
- June 7, 2021 · Live Session
- July 5, 2021 · Live Session
- August 2, 2021 · Live Session
- September - Medicine Circle in Berlin, no live session
- October 4, 2021 · Live Session
- November 1, 2021 · Live Session
Afternoon: 5 - 7 pm CET · Berlin, Germany time zone
The live sessions will be recorded and made available.
LIVE SESSIONS & DEDICATED TIME
Cacao Guardian starts on May 1st. Every month until November you will receive lessons and materials of the practitioner guidebook for self-study.
Every first Monday of the month, this lesson will be accompanied by a live group video call with Serap Kara. Each live session outlines the lesson, offers space for sharing, and concludes with an exercise to be creatively worked on and sent in by each participant before the start of the next lesson.
Please allow five hours minimum of dedicated time for this course each month. It is recommended that you participate in all the live teachings; yet the homework assignments and the participation in the Medicine Circle are mandatory.
THE GOLDEN CACAO CIRCLE
'We are powerful beings. I believe that we have the power and the gift to channel the highest spiritual essence, anchor it in the now and with it transform matter. Commit to be in service!'
In the 'Golden Cacao Circle' we will discuss initiatives and resources to nurture the energy of Cacao. The intention is to create pathways for giving back (both physically and energetically) to come full circle within our offerings.
Cacao is facing enormous global challenges forming a complex development issue touching the social, economic & environmental level. Cacao teaches balance and reminds us to protect the life-force and be in service to greater harmony.
© Grit Siwonia & Serap Kara
FOUR-DAY MEDICINE CIRCLE IN BERLIN
9th - 12th September 2021
From 9th-12th September 2021 you will participate in the Cacao Guardian Medicine Circle in Berlin to immerse into ceremonial work and refinement. In this four-day intensive training (Thursday to Sunday) you will experience different rituals around Cacao, receive the medicine in a concentrated way and be initiated into the Cacao Consciousness. Teaching time is from 10 a.m. to 5.30 p.m. and includes one hour lunch. On Sunday we will finish at 2 pm. Please note that the Medicine Circle will not be recorded and cannot be attended online.
©️ Grit Siwonia
Experience Cacao in Ceremony and receive the vision of the Spirit in a held space
- Explore masculine, feminine and creative energies of Cacao in ritual, ceremony and meditation
- Experience the medicine of the Circle
- Introduction to the Spiritkeeper of Cacao and its cosmic-earth-medicine
- Receive a communion with the Cacao Spirit in a finely tuned and held space
- Enjoy using the voice to call in the medicine with songs and prayers
Craft a loving & meaningful Cacao experience for your community
- Explore techniques for guiding participants through the experience
- Review practices to ground, anchor and regulate the intensity
- Consider the changing logistics when serving Cacao outside your private space
- Discuss ways of serving the 'right' amount considering alchemy and contraindications
Please note: Ceremonial doses of Cacao are not recommended for people who are taking antidepressants (Cacao contains MAO inhibitors), or who have a serious heart condition, or have very high blood pressure or suffer from epilepsy. Pregnant women may take smaller amounts. Please get in touch if you have questions.
The location in Berlin:
Breite Str. 43 - 13187 Berlin - Pankow
Eden Studios is located in the Northern part of Berlin, the district is called Berlin-Pankow.
The lovely neighbouring district of Prenzlauer Berg has offerings of guest rooms and private accommodation.
INVESTMENT & VALUE
The investment for the six-month online & in-person Cacao Guardian Initiation & Medicine training is EUR 1260. The fee includes:
- Full participation on the course
- The complete Cacao Mama workbook chapter 1-12 with teachings, exercises and additional resources written for practitioners
- 12 hours of live group video calls (6 x 2 hours each) with Serap Kara - recorded and made available afterwards
- Gateways and exercises to deepen your relationship
- Tuition for the four-day intensive in-person training in Berlin, which includes Cacao rituals & ceremonies. (Please note: travel, food and accommodation are not included),
- Creation of a coming full circle project
- A private messenger group on Signal
- A facilitator login with 10% discount on ceremonial Cacao in the Cacao Mama store
- A certificate of completion and a blessing from Cacao Mama
monthly, EUR 1260 total
monthly, EUR 1215 total
We are deeply committed to making this comprehensive work available and support people who come from different backgrounds and economies, or countries with a lower income. Please get in touch, if none of the above options works for you, so that we may find a solution that balances both your needs and our dedicated work.
Hello, my name is Serap and I welcome you! I'm a Medicine Woman, earth guardian, teacher and the founder of Cacao Mama and the Earth School.
When I met the Cacao Spirit ten years ago they shared with me: 'We want to be golden again'. This has been Cacao Mama's mission since the founding in Spring 2014 and I've helped to open the consciousness for the Spirit across the borders of Europe. I've shared the space with people from all over the world and all walks of life in hundreds of ceremonies, medicine circles and learning experiences. I love to create finely tuned spaces to root into trust and receive permission, so that we may remember our natural state of Spirit connection and the way of ceremony to be in service to a greater harmony.
Cacao Mama has become a guide and midwife for an awakened consciousness and I'm sharing her essence with our global community. Cacao Mama is for the lovers, the tenders, the teachers, healers, speakers and ambassadors in and outside of you. Cacao Mama's medicine heart beats in rhythm with Mother Earth. May you be guided while you remember your roots and trust your unique medicine way for weaving the golden threads for a peacefully connected global culture. May you ignite the Cacao Guardian inside of you and offer your power and voice to speak up for the preciousness of life
"Her teachings come from the heart and she is clearly passionate by what she does. Days are shared between a bit of theory and practice with shamanic tools that guide us deeply into the ceremonies and ourselves. Everything flows smoothly.
Her love for cacao is palpable and she gives so much. I felt and feel blessed to have met a teacher who l resonate so much with. I left the training feeling inspired, empowered and glad to have met many spirited women also. Her cacao is also the best I have so far found on the market...both for personal use and ceremonial settings. I can't wait to share the Balinese one in my next circle!"
— Sandrine Giacobino
"I'm very grateful to you Serap for being such a clear and detached messenger of this powerful medicine...for really be able to transmit the essence of things and allow the creativity of each and every one to express and find its own unique way. Your workshop is deep and very far from all the commercial facade."
— Chiara Pallotti
"The training felt totally comprehensive and it was held in such a wonderful container. I learnt so much about all of the aspects of Cacao and how to work with it in my personal practice and sharing it with others. I loved all of the aspects: class size, programme, information, rituals, ceremonies and sharing lunch.
I'm so grateful that I was able to partake in this course and share space with a room full of incredible women. I've learnt so much and have come away feeling really centred and clear in how I want to move forward with my everyday life. I've only drank cacao once since returning home and it was so beautiful to feel confident in using this medicine ceremonially."
— Tamara ‘Wolf Sister’ Driessen
"It has been a true privilege to enjoy Seraps openings into this sacred practice and her deep heartfelt connection to Cacao Spirit - an adventurous, delightful and truly beautiful experience."
— Kristine Øjken